Who I am as a therapist
My work is based on a principal of wholeness and collaboration. I believe that we are all capable of healing and just need a supportive environment in which to fully express who we really are in order to gain acceptance and open up the potential for growth and change. My role is to help support and guide you in your journey with yourself; I seek to empower you to discover who and how you want to be when you are fully yourself. This is your life, your body, your experience and your path – I am here to ask questions, offer reflections and provide opportunities to deepen into your felt experience.
I love being a therapist because watching people grow and make positive changes in their lives is deeply rewarding and inspiring. I got into this line of work because I was committed to my own growth process and wanted to have a profession that supported that - and now I get the honor of helping others on their own journeys and work with a wide variety of wonderful people.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist by the California Board of Behavioral Science (licensed under the name Jessica Berkana) LMFT #47647
- MA in Counseling Psychology from California Institute of Integral Studies
- Practicing psychotherapy since 2005
- Center for Somatic Psychotherapy in San Francisco
- Buckelew Services in Marin County supporting mentally ill adults
- Lomi Psychotherapy Clinic in Santa Rosa
- California Parenting Institute (CPI) providing child therapy and parenting support
- Private practice since 2010
- Hakomi Comprehensive Training
- Somatics and Trauma, Practitioner course
- Board of Behavioral Science
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Redwood Empire CAMFT